28 March 2012

Wednesday's Words: Pass it On



Yesterday, I went to Hampstead Heath with some friends to enjoy yet another uncharacteristically sunny London day.

On our way back down the hill, I noticed a handsome guy walking towards us smiling brightly and continuously. He seemed to be smiling directly at me, but of course, it's London, so someone smiling genuinely at a stranger is about as common as spotting a former member of S Club 7 on the tube (it happens, but not very often).

I found myself (rather uncontrollably) smiling back and looked behind me, self consciously, to see if it was someone else he was directing his smile to. Strangely, there was not a soul in sight and as I turned again to face the way I walked, the handsome stranger passed me, winked and said lightly: "pass it on" ...

No comments: